On the first day of Christmas, my true love sent to me… dry skin and pop-up acne. It’s December, we’re in a pandemic (still), and the holiday season is closing in on us faster than a hand reaching for the last pringle. Stress can do a number on your skin, but other typical things that come with the festivities can make things worse on another level. Achieving your holiday glow up isn’t out of reach. With consistency and a little help from Aura MedSpa, you can look your best, no matter your plans.
Holiday Skin Evils
Whoever wrote the song “Holly Jolly Christmas” never looked into the mirror on the morning of a zoom or socially distanced seasonal party and witnessed an erupted pimple in the middle of their forehead. Stress affects our body in many different ways. For its largest organ, the skin, we can really see the effects there. But stress isn’t the only culprit of skin issues during the holidays. Other causes we need to watch for are:
- Lack of sleep
- Indulging in too much of the wrong holiday foods
- Skipping your skincare routine
- Heavier makeup
Remembering your skincare routine during the busier holiday season is the foundation of maintaining healthy skin. Here are some general reminders when it comes to daily care that can be tailored to any skin type:
- Keep it Simple: Holiday season gets a little busier every year. Toss that complicated routine and keep it simple, so it’s easier to stick to it.
- Morning: Cleanse with an exfoliating glycolic cleanser, follow with a vitamin C serum, and hydrate with a moisturizing sunscreen.
- Evening: Cleanse with a gentle cleanser, follow with a correcting retinol cream, and hydrate with a good moisturizer.
- Drink Water: Water helps expel toxins from your body, and the holidays have plenty of added toxins (travel and cocktails) that suck the moisture out of your skin along with the drier weather. So, drink up!
- Moisturize: Apply daily to keep skin moisturized. It is best if you apply after a bath or shower to lock in moisture.
- Sun Protection: Use a broad-spectrum daily sunscreen that has an SPF of at least 30.
- Sleep: Your skin repairs and renews itself when you sleep, so aim for at least eight hours on average each night.
From hormone therapy to chemical peels, facials, massage therapy, and everything in between; we’ve got your covered here at Aura. Our comprehensive list of services is sure to get your skin, mind, and body ready for the holidays and beyond. Contact us at (813) 960-2411, or fill out our online form for an appointment today!