As we approach the upcoming holidays, now’s the time to think about prepping your skin for your holiday look. Whether you are staying in or going to a small function, there’s nothing wrong with wanting to look your best. Microchanneling and microneedling are two of the many holiday skin prep options here at Aura, and there’s nothing micro about their results.
Microneedling: What you Need to Know
The procedure includes a pen-like device with 12 tiny needles attached to the top. After numbing cream is applied, the pen passes over the area while the needles gently penetrate the skin’s upper layers. The micro-tears stimulate the body’s healing process, triggering collagen production. After the procedure, you may experience redness and irritation for a few days. You can get back to normal activities as soon as you feel comfortable.
- Benefits: Reduction in fine lines and wrinkles. It can also treat hyperpigmentation, dark spots, acne scars, and stretch marks.
- Treatment Areas: Face, neck, chest, hands, back, stomach, and thighs.
- Expected Results: Results can be seen in a couple of weeks as the skin rejuvenates the tissue. Most patients will need a series of treatments to achieve the desired results.
Microchanneling: Skin Needling Revamped
Microchanneling involves applying patches or using a device on the skin that has microscopic plastic sutures on them. The sutures get a soak in skincare serums, and the patch or device presses or taps on the skin’s surface, creating channels to the deeper layers of skin. The process also stimulates collagen production while allowing deeper penetration of the skincare serums. It requires little to no downtime, and redness and irritation last for a few days.
- Benefits: Reduces fine lines, wrinkles, smile lines, acne scarring, pore size, hyperpigmentation, stretch marks, sun damage, and dark circles.
- Treatment Areas: Face, neck, chest, back, stomach, and thighs.
- Expected Results: The procedure is done in a series of treatments and then as needed. Results can take a few weeks for collagen production.
Microchanneling and microneedling share many of the same benefits. When paired with other treatments like PRP and different serum infusions, the benefits continue to grow. When it comes down to it, needle size and technique (gliding or tapping) are among the few differences. To decide the plan that’s best for you, contact us at (813) 960-2411, or fill out our online consultation request form.